Veterinary Medicine Department
- To graduate high quality well trained, scientific and professional, Veterinarians.
- Offer practical and veterinary services support for farmers and community through the veterinary health center which belongs to the Faculty.
- Paying field visits to farms, in order to control and prevent infectious and zoonotic diseases.
- Participating in animal health and veterinary projects implemented by Ministry of Agriculture and other public and private institutions.
- The faculty is committed to serve a veterinary medicine and set a reference for scientists Palestine through it's laboratories and staff.
- Organizing veterinary medicine courses and training for veterinarians in Palestine through the continuous education program.
Veterinary medicine department aims at preparing highly qualified specialist veterinaries. The graduating veterinary specialists from this department will have expertise in improving the livestock sector for better provisions of more health foods providing foods that are safe and free from harmful residues and pollutants that are usually transmitted through animal product.
The department also aims at supporting the role of Vets and doctors in protecting the environment and serving the society, in addition to improving the care of pet animals and household farms as well as wild animals and poultry production.
- The preparation of specialists holding a BSc in agricultural sciences with a special focus on practical aspects.
- The completion of applied scientific research that aimes to improve and increase agricultural production and solving the problems facing farmers.
- Dissemination of agricultural culture, community service, counseling and professional services to institutions and agricultural bodies and farmers.
- Participation in the formulation of agricultural policies through participation in the related committees.
- The preparation of qualified scientists and researchers through the post graduate programs (Master) offered by the faculty.
The vision of the agriculture department is part of the overall vision of the university. The department aims to produce qualified and competitive graduates capable of keeping up with the continued scientific developments in agriculture, contributing to applied agricultural research and serving the agricultural community. The department seeks to provide the local and foreign societies with the needed agricultural specialists who meet the international standards of scientific background, skills and personal attitude.