- Produce highly trained graduates in Animal Production and Animal Health who can face the challenges of the career and can be competitive with graduates of peer departments in the Region.
- Enhance applied research in Animal Production and Animal Health and disseminate research results.
- Serve and meet the demands of the local community.
- Enhance co-operation and develop partnerships with local and international bodies related to Animal Production and Animal Health in particular and Agriculture in general.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Understand the basics and principles related to animal production.
- The student will have knowledge and familiarity with the agricultural animal sector and the problems faced and participate in the development of appropriate solutions.
- The student will have the knowledge of the methods of breeding of farm animals and management.
- Understand the scope and the foundations of scientific research.
- The student will have ability to use and transfer livestock technology.
- The graduate should have the ability to assume professional and moral responsibilities and team work.