1. To produce highly trained graduates in Plant Production & Protection who can face the challenges of the career and be competitive with graduates of peer departments in the Region.
2. To enhance applied research in Plant Production & Protection and disseminate research results.
3. Will serve and meet the demands of the local community.
4. To enhance co-operation and develop partnerships with local and international bodies related to Plant Production & Protection.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Understand the basics and principles related to plant production.
- The student will have knowledge and familiarity with the agricultural plant sector and the problems faced and participate in the development of appropriate solutions.
- The student will have the knowledge of the methods of plant breeding and management.
- Understand the scope and the foundations of scientific research.
- The student will have ability to use and transfer plant technology.
- The graduate should have the ability to assume professional and moral responsibilities and team work.